Greater Manchester Guidance:
Due to the current increase in the number of new variant cases in Wigan in recent weeks, we are asking all staff and pupils who are identified as a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case to access PCR testing, where appropriate. Household members of those isolating can also book a PCR test through this route.
Staff, students and parents should be directed to https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test to book this test. They will be asked to identify whether they have COVID symptoms. If they have no symptoms, they should select ‘No’ for this answer and proceed through the questions until they get to the question: Why are you asking for a test? They should select the box that says ‘I’ve been told to get a test by my local council, health protection team or healthcare professional’. And then the option that states: ‘My local council or health protection team has asked me to get a test, even though I do not have symptoms’. They can then proceed to book the test.
Close contact following a positive test:
- lives in the same household as someone with COVID-19 symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19
- has had any of the following types of contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 with either a PCR test or LFD test (if a confirmatory PCR test is negative, provided it was taken within 2 days of the positive LFD, it overrides the lateral flow test and close contacts can stop self-isolating):
- face-to-face contact including being coughed on or having a face-to-face conversation within 1 metre
- been within 1 metre for 1 minute or longer without face-to-face contact
- been within 2 metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact or added up together over 1 day)
- travelled in the same vehicle or a plane