About Tyldesley Primary School
The school, which is situated off Ennerdale Road, was opened in November 1999 and has been designed and resourced to provide an excellent learning environment. We cater for children between the ages of 3 and 11 years of age.
We are growing into a two-form entry primary school with Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 each having a 60-place intake and 45 children per year group from Year 3 to Year 6. We believe that the curriculum should be broad and balanced, relevant and engaging for our children. The curriculum is based on The National Curriculum and we have a cross curricular approach to learning; we are working towards a subject-based approach to learning.
We want our children to aim high and foster a culture of resilience and perseverance. We provide opportunities for our children to take their skills onto the next stage of learning.
Try, Persevere, Succeed
To recognise that each child is unique and has the opportunity to be educated to fulfil their potential.
Create a Community
- Where everyone is valued and respected
- Work in partnership with parents and the wider community
- Foster in our children lively and creative thinking
- Develop our children to be the best they can be
- Provide a safe secure learning environment
- Provide high quality learning experiences in all areas of school life
- Foster a commitment to life-long learning
- Promote equality, opportunity and respect including recognising differences in a non-judgmental manner